Official Transcript

Guide to Ordering Official Transcripts



​An official transcript is a legal document printed on safety paper which bears the university seal and University Registrar's signature for each university attended.

In October 2003, the six South Dakota public universities, including:

Black Hills State University - Spearfish
Dakota State University - Madison
Northern State University - Aberdeen
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - Rapid City
South Dakota State University - Brookings
The University of South Dakota - Vermillion

All merged their student information services into a single database, with each student having a single record within the system. Students can now obtain a consolidated set of academic transcripts from any of the six universities, reflecting all academic credit from all South Dakota public universities. For coursework taken Fall 2003 and later, students will no longer need to request a transfer of courses from one South Dakota public university to another.

Exclusions:  Copies of test scores (for example, TOEFEL, GRE, ACT, SAT, GMAT, CLEP, AP) or transcripts of academic work from other institutions will not be provided.

Request a Transcript:

​Through the use of the Parchment transcript system, you can now request that your official transcript be sent electronically as a secure pdf or through the standard US mail. You can request the transcript by signing up for an account directly through the Parchment using the link below.


If you need further assistance on creating a Parchment account, please review our Parchment Account Guide article. 

Official transcripts are $9.00 for each transcript. Transcripts requested online require payment via credit/debit card.

We will not be able to issue an official transcript if you have a hold on your record due to unsettled obligations with the university. If you think you might have an unresolved hold from any office at DSU you can view holds in Self Service Banner under Student, then Academic Information, then Holds. If you have a hold, you will need to contact the appropriate office to resolve your hold before submitting your transcript request.

Students with access to Self Service Banner can view an unofficial copy of their courses by clicking on “Unofficial Transcript/Courses and Grades” under Student and then My Academic Information.

Services Link:



Article ID: 129386
Thu 3/4/21 1:42 PM
Thu 7/29/21 10:41 AM

Related Articles (1)

Guide to create a Parchment account and request official transcripts for SD Board of Regents schools.