Graduate Workshop Students - Special Instructions

Graduate Workshop Students - Special Instructions


The information below is for students who have registered and completed a graduate-level workshop with DSU for college credit. It will provide information on how to set-up or update your DSU accounts, view final grades, view academic history (unofficial transcript), submit a legal name change, and request an official transcript.

If you took the course(s) for CEU credit, you will need to contact the instructor of the course or the college department administrative support staff to receive your certificate.

Before You Begin:

You will need to create or reset your DSU account information to access your academic record. 

Students who have never registered as a SD Board of Regents student OR who have not accessed their DSU account within the last year, should have received a Welcome email from DSU with instructions on how to set up your DSU account. If you do not see the email in your inbox of the email address you listed on your application you will want to check your junk mail or spam folder. The information comes from a no-reply address and it may filter to another folder. 

If you did not receive a Welcome email that means your account is still active but you will need to request an account reset. You can request a verification code here. 

*All students are required to enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication (DUO) - you can find instructions on how to download and install DUO here.

After you have created or reset your account, you can follow the instructions below on how to access your academic history.


  1. View Final Grades/Course History/Academic History
    *Final Grades are posted no later than 3 business days after the listed end date of the course 
    **Unofficial transcripts will not be issued directly from the Registrar's Office**
    • Go to MyDSU
    • Select Student Personal Information (located within the Academic Information box)
    • Select the 4-square menu bar (top-left next to ellucian)
    • Banner > Student Links > My Academic Information > Academic History - Courses & Grades
  2. Name Change
    Confirm your legal name is correctly listed in the student-information-system prior to requesting an official transcript
    • Go to MyDSU
    • Select Student Personal Information (located within the Academic Information box)
    • If the name listed does not match your legal name and you would like to update your record within the SDBOR system, complete the Name Change form here
      • You will be required to provide appropriate documentation of the requested legal name change
      • Your legal name will appear on your official transcript
  3. Request Official Transcript
    • Official Transcripts can be ordered thru Parchment at this direct link:
      • Only use this link to access the Parchment site for SDBOR students 
      • Beginning July 22nd, 2021, all students will need to create a new account with Parchment. You will create a new account independent of your DSU account you set up earlier. They prefer you use a Gmail, Hotmail, etc. email rather than a Trojans or K12 email. 
      • Step 1: Login
      • Step 2: Enter the Recipient Information (do not enter Dakota State University or any other SD Board of Regents campus here)
        • You can type SD Department of Education in the search field and it's the 1st result to select
        • If you want to send a copy to yourself for your records, you can select the blue link below the search bar and follow the steps
      • Steps 3: Complete Prompts & Make Payment
    • If you are sending your official transcript to the South Dakota Dept. of Education for certification or renewal you can send it electronically or by mail:
      • Send electronic transcripts via Parchment to
        • This is the quickest option. Transcripts are typically received within 24 hours of the request
        • Only use Parchment to send electronic transcripts - they do not accept PDFs or attachments to an email
      • Mail official transcripts to SD DOE - Certification, 800 Governors Dr, Pierre, SD 57501


If you encounter any account access or Multi-factor (DUO) issues, please open a support ticket with ITS here

If you have questions pertaining to your academic record, please submit your questions to the Registrar's Office here

Print Article


Article ID: 133747
Thu 6/17/21 2:07 PM
Mon 8/23/21 2:14 PM