D2L Accessible HTML Templates
Five template packages are designed by Desire2Learn and available at
The templates are free for download.
- Desk Paper
- Modern Red
- Ordinary Blue
Upload the Template Package into Your D2L Course
- Open one of your D2L course.
- Choose Edit Course > Manage Files
- D2L template includes a number of files. You might want to
put the template files into a new folder. To create a new folder, click
- Enter a new name in the Name box. We use ClassicContemporary
for this example.
- Click the Save button.
- Under the new folder, upload the template package zip file,
ClassicContemporary.zip for this example.
- Once the zip file is uploaded, select the
file to get the popup menu. Select Unzip
from the popup menu.
Create A Copy of the Sample HTML Page
- It is a good idea to keep the original copies of the
template files. To use any of the template pages, make a copy of
it first and then use the copy. In this example, we make a copy
of the file " HowToUseThisTemplate.html".
- From the dropdown menu, select Copy, Paste. Rename and
Save the copied page as your first content page.
Add A Content Topic
- To add a topic into your Course
Content, select Add Content Topic
from the dropdown menu of the file you just created.
- Select a module in the Parent
Module dropdown or add a new module , Add
Topic Title and Click on
Or you can add a content topic as follows.
- Click Content on the course banner.
- Create a new module if you don't have one yet. For this
example, we created a module named "Temple: Classic
- Click New Topic to create a new topic.
- Select Course File.
- Select a Module in the dropdown.
- Enter Title and
click on Browse button to find the file you just created.
- Select the page, click Select File.
Customize Your Content
You can customize your content in three ways.
- Go to Edit Course > Manage Files,
click the file dropdown menu, select Edit File to
- Go to Content >Manage
Content, click the pencil icon to the
right of each page to start editing.
- Go to Content >
View Content, click a page you want
to edit, select the pencil icon on the top bar
to edit the topic.
- After you complete your editing, be sure to click the
button to save your updated content page.
To learn more about the code samples of headings, paragraphs, images and tables.
please view the page "How to Use This Template".
Dakota State University © 2014
content provided by this site is for DSU students, faculty, staff use only.
Keeping all the content in this site accurate and
current is a lot of work for us.
Please email DSU D2L Support Site if you find
any inaccurate or outdated content.